Our Chief Executive Officer
Dr. Chitra R, M.E., PhD., M.B.A., M.C.A., A.D.I.T.
Founder&CEO, Delving R&D Pvt. Ltd.
Founder & Partner, Delving Energy Ecosystems Consultant (DSM, Energy Conservation, IoT) Visiting Professor-Academic Institutions Keynote Speaker Smart Meter Grid, IoT Ex-DGM (VRS) TANGEDCO Mobile: +91 98949 95235
53-2, 3Rd Cross, M.K.P. Colony, Ganapathy (P.O) Coimbatore – 641006, Tamil Nadu, India.
- She did her doctorate at PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore, Anna University, Tamil
Nadu for the thesis & Pragmatic Methods for optimization of low voltage distribution network
in the Indian scenario" analyzing and proving line loss reduction through active and reactive
- Good domain knowledge and work experience in electrical (16 Years) and Information
Technology (15 Years) with unique administrative skills. She has worked in the kadampaarai
pump station, wind form maintenance, substation, distribution, and information technology
domains of Tamil nadu electricity board.
- 7 Years experience in building the startup from SaaS products in various domains to
innovative Industrial IoT products.
- Information Technology (IT)
- Network administration of LAN and Intranet networks
- Database administration of oracle database
- She has worked in SCADA and ADLS Systems of Electrical Utility
- Design experience in application packages of electrical utility like Billing software,
- Inventory management system, Consumer indexing and Customer care. Five years of
- Experience in handling consumer billing package
- Engineering Domain Expert with requirement analysis skills to customize the application
- Dr. R. Chitra is the founder of two startups, Delving Research and Development Private Limited and Delving Energy Ecosystems. She started the organization with the vivid vision to create and provide research ecosystems and develop IoT products and processes that will help transform society.
- Delving Research and Development Private Limited, Commencing in October 2015, has been recognized by Startup India (DIPP2550). The Specialized software is the result of the doctoral research of Founder & CEO Dr. R. Chitra, the Reduction of energy losses in low voltage distribution networks and industries resulting in cost savings. This diversified experience helps us to understand our customers' needs to build the best improvements to our products. Our main products include Multi Features IoT Smart Energy Meter (MFISM), Dynamic Reactive Compensation Unit (DRCU), Maximum Demand Controller, etc. Delving is the recipient of a Certificate of Merit from India Smart Grid Forum (ISGF) Innovation Awards 2022 for the award category of “Smart Startup of the Year” and was selected for a Pilot Execution in Powerthon 2022 under the ministry of power
- Delving Energy Ecosystem is a partnership firm, that commenced in February 2022, and has been recognized by Startup India (DIPP107171). DEE Started with the vivid desire to contribute to society in terms of energy-efficient ecosystems with embedded intelligent IoT integrated wIth Software. DEE validated an innovative product, IoT Based DISTRIBUTION TRANSFORMER MEASURING, MONITORING, and CONTROLLING MODULE (DT-MMCM). MMCM is a concept of measuring transformer physical parameters along with electrical parameters through an IoT-based Smart Meter for energy loss reduction with active compensation and reactive compensation. It also aids in the automation of the Electrical Distribution Network by integrating with smart MCCB and IED. It will be used as an effective tool for loss minimization of the Distribution Network. This Product will be scalable to industrial customers and electrical utilities across the country.
- Recipient of the “certificate of merit” award from India Smart Grid Forum (ISGF) Innovation Awards 2022 for the category of “Smart Startup of the Year”.
- Has presented a paper on the topic of “Multi-Features IoT Smart Meter for Low Voltage
- Distribution Loss Reduction” in Conference on Power Reforms – Process, Expectation & Achievements at Gujarat conducted by a central board of irrigation & power.
- Presented the product in POWERTHON 2022 for the problem statement “AT & C Loss Reduction” and the proposal for POC has been accepted by the Ministry of PowerGovernment, India with an offer letter directing to prove the concept in Madhya Pradesh Poorv Kshetra Vidyut Vitaran Company Ltd (MPPsKVVCL).
- As DGM/Information Systems, TANGEDCO (FORMERLY TNEB) she was a core member of the IT team to get sanction (around 400 crores) and funds from the Ministry of Power, (Nodal agency being Power Finance Corporation(PFC) for IT-enabled activities across Tamil Nadu, India (2009)
- Prepared detailed project reports (DPR) of IT-enabled electrical systems and processed Restructured Accelerated Power Development and Reforms Program in 110 towns of Tamil Nadu, India with PFC, Delhi, India. (2008-10)
- Fellow of The Institution of Engineers (F-1141785), India, selected based on Contribution to the Electrical Engineering Industry.
- She has delivered lectures in US-aid National programs of TNEB for delegates across the country. Published and presented papers in leading National and International conferences and journals like Elsevier, Central Power Research Institute (CPRI), etc.
Research Activities :
- The innovative product Multi Features IoT Smart Meter (MFISM) is going to be the most productive invention as it can be customized as smart energy meter, Dynamic reactive compensator unit (DRCU), Smart IoT for industries and smart transformer monitoring system (STMS).
- With Salzer Electronics as industrial partners she has implemented pilot project on-line monitoring system of Low voltage distribution network with remote metering done in distribution transformer up to consumer end (2009-2013)
- Successfully commissioned ADLS (Automatic data logger system) in six substations of major city in coordination with ABB Bangalore, India,(2009-2013)
- Conducted research activities in distribution automation and distribution optimization of electrical utility and validated the results in Central Power Research Institute
- Guided an innovative paper presented in VI Mantra contest conducted by National Instruments which recommends embedded design of DTMMM (distribution transformer management and monitoring module) in substitute total monitoring system for ensuring healthiness of distribution transformers thereby reducing the failure rate of distribution transformer and minimize electricity interruption to consumers